My 1st prediction test. I do it because I think it will be interesting to see this post in 2019 and see what did happen and what didn’t. Yesterday I reviewed my 2017 year, so I’m aiming to review the past and my view of the future. This 2018 prediction is not science // researched based, or anything like that, just high-level opinions of the subjects I’m passionate about.
If you are interested to know how an actual Superforecast should be done, you must read: SUPERFORCASTING
Here it goes:
- Will the bitcoin bubble explode? I believe the cryptocurrency represents a movement, and bitcoin is just the representation of this.
- I expect BTC price to continue to grow, there’s a lot of VCs, and big firms just trying to jump into the roller coaster, so prices will still go up.
- I believe the actual value is on Ethereum//Blockchain; I expect technology scalability to double this year, mainly for transactions and financial purposes.
- Will the Mexican Startup Ecosystem join the Crypto Movement? This is something I struggle to answer. I hope so, even my non-techie friends know about bitcoin, but the value is on Blockchain and decentralized systems, I expect more startups join the movement, but I feel it will take time for that
- Will the tech power continue to be centralized? The internet oligopoly (“FANG” - Facebook Amazon, Apple, Netflix, and Google) owns our lives in everything we do, & watch. I believe they will continue, but the industry is starting to realize this.
- The Rise of Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality: 2018 will be the AR // VR year, iOS 11 is out, ARKIT is out, hardware and software are ready, the market is mature, Oculus Go & Magic Leap will be released in 2018.
- Will Mexico improve the Fintech Law? Yes. It must.
- Will UBER have a successful year? I believe it won’t, last year was crazy in the media, and competition is getting higher.
- Will Mexico have a PAN//PRI President? I don’t think so, I believe it will be an independent, or a minority convincing a majority.
- Will we see more gender diversity in Tech? Yes, and it must. Not only in tech but in other industries, the #MeToo campaign will continue to rise.
- Will new environmental issues will come by 2018? YES. China is stopping importing recycled plastic. Plastic will be in this year’s headlines.
- Will we see Trump continuing as a president at the end of this year? I hope not.
See you in 2019!